View Single Post
Old 04-02-2003, 08:53 AM
cmichalik

Unhappy WHy did my radio stop working?

A little background information first. The car is a 1982 300TDT. The audio is all original except for the head unit. I took out the non-working Becker about 2 years ago & installed a Pioneer. I think it's model P3300.

A few weeks ago the wifey told me her radio stopped working. I went to investigate. The problem is, the radio is ON, but nothing is happening at the speakers. The face of the radio is lit up but has no letters or numbers on the digital readout. The antena is always up, even with the ignition key turned off! To make the antena go down & stay down I had to pull the radio out & disconect it from power. While I had it out I checked all of the connections. Everything looks good. all connections are tight. I also took out the middle consol & cleaned the contacts on the balance wheel (& the window buttons while I was at it). The ground is good & all fuses that I can find are good. Please point me in the right direction so I can iron this out.

I still have the original Becker. I'm thinking I need to hook it back up so I can at least know whether the problem is with the radio or something else.

Thanks