View Single Post
Old 04-03-2003, 12:25 AM
hi jeff

thanks for the super quick reply. that is how i have done it over the years. and just a couple weeks ago had to replace a tie rod on my 4x4 that bust in my driveway backing in one nite.

i looked all over tonite on harbor freight but the only thing i can find are the pitman arm clamp. kind of a u shape with a bolt down thru the center. they have a small and a large version.

i have all the pickle forks in my tool box but somehow i got this idea in my head that you need to use a clamp type and with a center bolt you mechanically push it from it's seat. performance products wants like 68.00 just for the tie rod tool.

have you seen thomas pindelski (search on thomaspin) he has a super website. he just added some front end work so i got to get there tonite

i've got 3 front ends to do this summer so they'll get a workout for sure. i'm looking for that golden rivet. but if all else fails i'll get the fork and sledge out.

Thanks Much!

1972 350sl Red/Blk 117k
1988 420sel charcoal/Blk 140k
1987 420sel gold/tan 128k
See My Cars at:

Pound it to fit then Paint it to match!

There is only First Place and Varying degrees of last!

Old age and deceit will overcome Youth and Enthusiasm every time!

Putting the square peg in the round hole is not hard... IF you do it fast enough!

Old enough to know better but stupid enough to do it anyway!