View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 02:36 PM
Dieseldiehard

a related story: AAA comes out to jump start a Benz with a dead battery. The owner witnessed the tow truck driver hook the jumpers up with a splash of sparks and he said something Like Oh my the wrong polarity!
When the jumpers were reversed to the proper polarity the car would not start. It had to be towed.
It was later discovered multiple electronics modules were fried. When the bill was presented to AAA for the cost to repair it exceeded $1000 and they balked but finally agreed to pay EXCEPT for the clock, AAA said their experience was that due to the age of the car clocks wear out or something to that effect.

The owner took a survery on the Forum for comments and it was overwhelming that AAA was only chiseling the owner because many folks had clocks 25+ years old that still kept perfect time. When that was presented to AAA they finally agreed to include a new clock.
I hope your case is different...