View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 02:12 PM
Old Dog

Mercedes W123 Headlights

(I converted my head lights to halogen a couple years back; they worked great; very bright and no problems)

Recently, my low beams stopped working; I've tried replacing the bulbs twice. When testing the fuses (I think they are #11 and #13) I have no power coming to the fuses. (High beam fuses get power, no problem there.)

So, I thought it must be the switch. I removed it and tested all the positions for current flow (by using the simple tool that has an alligator clip on one end and a metal probe on the other end.) ALL positions on the switch work fine!

Apparently, the problem is between the headlight switch and the fuse box. (If you know these cars, W123s, you know that there is a giant maze of wiring under the dash right in this area! There are also a couple of electrical component boxes there as well.

The color coding, at the switch, for the low beams is white wires with a red stripe. Yet, it appears that the wires coming into the fuses are yellow.

I am hoping that someone has had this problem before and knows how to fix it. My thinking is that there is something wrong inside of one of the component doxes.

Any ideas?