View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 06:47 PM

Problems in Alabama

I have just bought a 1999 E300, I made the mistake of buying on ebay site unseen and trusted the previous owner as to the condition of the car. I got the car home and it will crank and run, but if you start driving it it will run about 5 miles cut off and not restart, if you let it sit till the engine has completely cooled off it will restart and do the same thing again. I replace the fuel shutoff valve and the K40 relay, after reading some of the posts on this forum, I have new fuel hoses ordered and should be here next week, at that time I plan on pulling the intake to replace hoses. My question is has anyone else has a similar problem? I have a check engine light on but will have to get a obd2 scanner to see what that is. also when the car runs just a minute the "oil at minimum level" messages comes on across the dash, yet when you check the oil it seems to be just a little over full, any ideas? any help would be greatly appreciated. the car is clean and a real good looking vehicle, if olny I could get it to run as good as it looks.