View Single Post
Old 04-04-2003, 02:35 PM

Wink Fix for "Magazine Empty" error for 6-disc changer

This was going to be a question, but I've since sloved my problem, and I wanted to share the fix with other people.

I have a 2002 C320 with the 6-disc, glovebox cd changer. Yesterday (in the middle of switching discs) it suddenly stopped working.

When I would put the magazine in, it would make the noises like it was trying to check for discs in each slot, but it wasn't actually doing it. After trying all 6 discs, it would display Magazine Empty and switch to the radio.

I tried reloading the discs, turning the ignition off and on, etc...many times. I read about similar problems on other websites, and some people were suggesting to remove all power cables going to the changer and to let it sit disconnected for a long time.

Instead, I decided to remove the fuse for the radio...I put the fuse back in (after about 20 seconds), turned on the ignition, and the cd changer immediately started working.

Anyway, I didn't want anyone to have to more work than was necessary to fix this simple problem.

By the way, the fuse for the stereo is in the fuse box located under the hood. On my car, it was fuse #64...in the very bottom, right slot (according to the fuse diagram).

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Brian