View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 07:07 AM
dieselarchitect

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasinthesun View Post
Fighting from the sky was really Britains expertise ,even Germany with all its military machine couldnt put a force on the ground without controling the air first.We added the other denominator in the b52 long range bomber later during the conflict, thats an amazing plane to visit up close, even the formation they flew in was tactical ,it would give the squadron a complete 360 degree of cover fire with the least amt of freindly fire accidents during flight.If Britain hadnt held together in that year I wonder how the war would have changed through out Europe and then the world.
You meant to say B17s I am certain.

It said in the film that the messerschmitt 109 was faster than the spitfire but the spitfire was more maneuverable and easier to fly.

The other key element in the air war was that the american planes were built stronger than the german or japanese and would bring home their pilots with very heavy damage. as the war wound on we had more of the experienced pilots since ours survived in higher rates. Our seasoned 22 year olds killed off the inexperienced pilots of the axis with great dominance as the war progressed.

I like that fact since it was our value of individuals that drove our planes to be built stronger...so our value of individuals as a culture was a big factor in winning the war as a practical matter.

To bring it back around to Bergdahl. It was our value of the individual soldier which drove our side to work to get him back. It's too bad nobody informed the President that he was such a F up and kept him from honoring him publicly as he did. I bet that is something Obama wishes he had not done.

Shoot if his parents were Bubba and Mary Jo Instead of moonbeam and sunflower he'd have a gig on Fox news by now.
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.