View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 11:49 PM
Shadetree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman View Post
What's his name that sells diaphragms? He has instructions for the double pod but I don't remember the details. I do remember being able to change the metal ends to make yard pods work. Perhaps there are multiple designs over the years.

There are arguments on how well changing diaphragms works. I've been able to scrounge the good parts out of yard cars. New pods were ~$75 each the last I looked.
Performance Analysis | Climate Control | Diaphragms | Blower Motors | Pushbutton Panels | Vacuum Door Locks | Autotemp | Cruise Control | Engine Oil Analysis | Mercedes-Benz Parts | Mercedes-Benz Club of America | Oak Ridge | Car Care - ACC Version I These guys are in Oakridge.

I got the instruction which said to unclip the extension arm faster. You can see that small fitting type thing in the photos. My issue is breaking the clip. I suppose if I break it I can make the connection with a rivet but I hate breaking stuff.

Replacing the rubber in the single diaphragms is a real pain in the butt. It took two to get the spring collapsed enough to fit the rubber on the plastic cap. Imo, there is no way a 20 yr old pod is going to last like one that has fresh rubber in it.

I'll figure this out and since I have extra diaphragms I'll repair a couple for sale when I get time.
95 318ic