View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasybenz View Post
Hey guys haven't been on this forum in awhile and had seen this post and one thing I noticed was that biomass diesel can't be mixed with biodiesel (or at least it's not suggested) forgive me if I missed a reply but the two biodiesel stations in the bay area (dog patch in SF and Biofuel oasis in Berkeley) claim to mix the very two fuels. They both offer "B20 Renewable Diesel" biofuel oasis says it contains 20% Biodiesel and the rest is "biomass renewable diesel" so if the two can't be mixed how are these stations offering it in that mixture? I run their fuels in pretty much all my diesels except for my Sprinter and GL320 CDI (DPF''s and Biodiesel arent recommended) my 85 300D, E320 CDI and both of my Dodge Cummins haven't had any issues with the fuels. I've logged at least 60k miles on my 01 dodge Cummins with the B20 renewable mixture.
I'm happy to hear you vehicles are running well but personally I still wouldn't use that fuel until Neste oil puts out different guidance or found some details about what process they're using to mix the fuels. The information at the beginning of this thread is at least a few years old so maybe there's some newer research.