View Single Post
Old 04-06-2003, 11:34 AM

The New York Times Week in Review today has two good articles about Iraq after the war. They are VERY moderate, not critical of the effort, not liberal. They'd be a good read. One is by Friedman (he's pretty pro-war), one is about the oil situation. There's one about Jessica Lynch which is good, and another on the starving Iraqis which is also a good read. Oh, excellent little article on Cuba also.

Jim,
I agree with the poor quality of the TV news coverage, but I watch it anyway. I never turn to those channels for quality analysis. Regarding Cuba, there's an article in the Week in Review section that discusses Cuba and the difficulties we had there during Kennedy.

Sorry I can't link to these articles, you need a user account. If you don't have one, it's worth setting up. Even if you're a rabid conservative, what they have is worth reading and considering. You may not agree, but often times (not always), their arguments and articles are extremely eloquent and substantive in writing, and offer facts and substantial theory to back up the point they're trying to make.

Alex
1962 Chevrolet Corvair Rampside

Last edited by DieselHead; 04-06-2003 at 12:50 PM.