Thread: The Last Jedi.
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmash View Post
Good to hear. I have 8 hrs to go. I love John Williams. As far as I am concerned he is one of the best if not these best composer of our time. I had the good fortune to see him conduct the Tucson Symphony orchestra when I lived there (back in the 90's) and saw him again this summer (LA symphony orchestra). He played a bunch of different pieces of his and half way through he played the Throne room march from the end of movie 5. The audience went nuts and half of the crowd all took out their light sabres. Yes, my inner dork was very happy.

I cannot wait till tonight.
Lucky you. I would have loved to have seen him conduct a live performance. I've only attended two Williams concerts in my life. One was many years ago in Durban where I grew up. They did a concert consisting of Holst's "The Planet's". Then, all Williams stuff. ET. Raiders. Star Wars symphonic suite. And for an encore, the Superman Theme. It was awesome.

Then a few years ago we went to a concert at the Phoenix Symphony where they played a lot of music from various movies. The majority of which was Williams stuff. I distinctly remember the lead Violinist (concert master I guess - though in this case mistress) screwing up the last note of Princess Leia's theme. She realized it halfway thru and corrected it and you could see her apologizing to the conductor during the applause. He motioned her not to worry and it certainly didn't dampen the audiences enthusiasm any.

I agree with you about Williams being the greatest contemporary composer.

- Peter.
1981 240D 4spd stick. 347000 miles. Deceased Feb 14 2021
2002 Kia Rio. Worst crap on four wheels
1981 240D 4spd stick. 389000 miles.
1984 123 200
1979 116 280S
1972 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1971 108 280S