View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhill View Post
Thttp://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/attachments/performance-paddock/137719d1470611784-some-actual-progress-100_1327_0086-2.jpg This is mine, M110 in an R107. 2 Smith resonators and a dual in dual out Flowmaster. Everything's 2.25". Not required to have cat's. See thread "some actual progress"
Thank you for the feedback.

Was thinking basically the reverse of what you did: one resonator to two mufflers side by side.

Not finding the post, more important, not finding a video of the sound. These inline engines are unique and can't even find one for BMW except Magnaflows or mufflers for specific applications. Trying to avoid sounding like an American or Asian and express the uniqueness of an inline engine.

As an environmentalist living in a smoggy valley which has emissions testing, can't run without catalytic converters. The high flows are better than stock and with the larger pipe, flow better than stock even with stock resonator. If the resonators were instead high flows or none at all, certainly be even better. As I understand, you want some restriction to keep the low end torque, though some better flow help with efficiency and temperature. In the end, not going building a high performance race vehical, just a little more sound, but less than running without a rear muffler as now.

B.T.W., did once for grins run no pipes, just the headers, and wasn't all that loud, reminded me of an inline aircraft engine. Though not sure the neighbors appreciate it at dawn

As I understand, the 280SL M110 had a dual in, dual out, stock unlike the W123 European that seems from what little can find was a dual in, single out. Right now I have the former and love that it's a better design and who doesn't like two pipes?

Speaking of pipes, plan to extend them a little more so hopefully the exhaust doesn't get into the fog lamp like stock since those are a pain to get here in the States. Leaning towards pea shooters so obvious that have something special and keeping with a SL thought.

1985 Mercedes-Benz 280TE - Waiting for heart surgery.

1985 Mercedes-Benz 300TDT - Rear ended 23 September 2016 and now looking for a new home.

1979 Mercedes-Benz 300TD - Parted out.

1964 Volkswgen Beetle - Vater's since September 1968 and undergoing a restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Sunroof Squareback with F.I. - in need of full restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Squareback automatic with F.I. - Vacationing with her caretaker until he is in better health.