View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 02:16 PM

I did not read everyons posts.

Research by the members of this forum has only been done on 617.952 Oil Filters. On that Engine the Hastings (or Baldwin) filter compared to the Mahle was that the full flow section of the Hastings (or Baldwin P102) was 18-19 microns and the Mahle and other european makers were in the 22-27 micron range.

The issue people had was with the bypass section of the Oil Filters (the upper part). None of the manufacturers that used waste cotton in that part of the filter knew what microns it filtered to and how much cotton and other pant parts like seed husks mixe in with that cotton varied between makers.

Oil Filter Thread showing Man Filter and pic with micron of filtration at %50 and so on
Post 35 has info on the EABP90 microns of filtration Post 55 has the Baldwin P102 Micron rating It has my Oil Pressure gauge pic in post 64
http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/diesel-discussion/200877-oem-oil-filtration-efficiency-50%25@27-99%25@50.html
When I Emailed Baldwin Filters concerning the Micron Ratings they Claimed: the Full Flow (small lower) section to be 18microns and the by-pass at 15 microns.

Deliveryvalve DELIVERYVALVES LIST OF FILTER MICRONS
NAPA Gold Filters - Page 3 - PeachParts Mercedes ShopForum

Oil Filter Microns
Micron rating on diesel engine oil filters

If you are really concerned about the issue install a seperate add on bypass oil filter.