View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 12:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmasteller View Post
Until rust, collision, or gov't regulation take them, I think I have my perfect set of vehicles and don't plan to sell any of them. Regardless of the occasion or situation, I've got keys to an appropriate ride.
- 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
- 1997 MB E300 Diesel
- 1966 MB 230SL

I'm learning more and more all the time about maintenance and repair on these three, so why waste that knowledge? I'll keep them as long as I can.

Side topic: Some people skoff at the electric cars. The owner of a Tesla can't fix much, but the car is relatively simple and reliable. Their scheduled maintenance is a dealer inspection every 24 months. Does your Mercedes go 2 years between inspections? Not scheduled work, mind you, just inspection!
The W210s are notorious rust buckets on wheels. It doesn't take much for their weak points well chronicled here to get out of hand. In the Rust Belt, year around use would be a distaster, IMHO. I would strongly consider leaving the 210 fold, if driven 365 in the Rust Belt.

Electric vehicles are awesome these days. The Tesla is one bada** mofo! It won't be long until their (electric vehicles) widespread use is in the general population of car drivers.