View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltpro View Post
it actually moves around but feels as-if its either running a super big gear or the engine is not making any power . The transmission is not slipping but it does have a delay in changing gears but that could be because i can barely get it over maybe 2000 rpm's . I'm about to run an electric fuel pump into the lift pump to see if that may be the issue . The engine starts right up on the first try everytime revs up great . I've been doing even more reading since I made this post and I'm wondering if maybe something is clogged-up from sitting around for a few years , it may be getting enough fuel to run and rev up at idle but not enough to move it under load . Thanks for your post and please keep any suggestions coming no matter how simple they may be , I'm most likely over-looking something extremely simple .
This is a big difference from "not being able to move". 2000 RPM should be moving the car, maybe not very fast, but consider that in a factory condition, you're doing ~1500 RPM to drive 30mph...

You may have issues with the ALDA system which is preventing the turbo from spooling due to the fuel being cut way back. Do you have a line running from the intake manifold to the ALDA? If not, there's your problem. If you do, try taking it apart at the intake manifold and see if the banjo bolt is all full of carbon. Barring all else, try removing the ALDA unit from the injection pump and see where that gets you. Without fuel enrichment to spool the turbo, you'll be driving a gutless wonder.

Black Sheep:
1985 524TD 167K (TotalDumpster™)

Gone but not forgotten:
1986 300SDL (RIP)
1991 350SD
1991 560SEL
1990 560SEL
1986 500SEL Euro (Rusted to nothing at 47K!)