View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLGUY View Post
What is the first gear ratio of the 727 compared to what a 722.X Mercedes 4 spd trans would be? Also, you have a very heavy vehicle with large tires (I am assuming here). Even in say a W126 (heaviest MB Diesel car), the car does not accelerate very fast, but once the turbo spools up, it will scoot right along. If your Wagoneer has low range, try driving it. If you feel the turbo spool up right away, then you found your problem- too tall gear ratio, or not low enough first gear. Just my .02
EDIT: I once had a '74 Cherokee (same size as the Wagoneer, but only 2 doors) that I put a 500 cu in Cadillac engine in. Even with all that HP, it was a slug off the line. It did work pretty good off road in low range though.....Rich

I wish that was the problem , this thing cannot get out its way - if my butt dyno is correct ( and its always on the money ) I have maybe 40hp at best . From what Diseasel300 posted and from everything else I've read it appears it may be some issue with the ALDA or I've been also wondering if theres an obstruction either in the lift pump or elsewhere . I'm completely out my element on this one but I've learned a lot in these pass few days .