Thread: Turbo Tax
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloride View Post
I wouldn't. I wouldn't buy it for 2018 either, thank you President Trump. Talk to a CPA see if they like the new tax plan. I bet they don't, which means it's a better plan for the working class if they dislike it. Less work for them, easier for most middle class people. It also really sucks for those in the zero percent tax bracket, they get screwed again, haha.
I seriously doubt this will impact CPAs business for t/y 2018 & beyond. It will impact commercial preparers Block, turbo and others. Have you heard the Block ads running against TT? Why buy turbo tax when you can file a return with Sch A for free with Block...

As for CPAs.......

On December 22nd, President Trump signed into law the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, finalizing a once-in-a-generation overhaul of the existing Code and leaving the once-burdensome tax law so simple, we'll all be preparing our returns on postcards come the spring of 2019.
HAHAHAHAHAHA
/wipes tear from cheek

Simple. That's rich. I'll make a deal with you: how about we spend some time diving into just one aspect of the bill -- the new deduction bestowed upon owners of sole proprietorships, S corporations, and partnerships -- and then you decide for yourself just how simple this all will be?.......................

https://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonynitti/2017/12/26/tax-geek-tuesday-making-sense-of-the-new-20-qualified-business-income-deduction/#44ddcdf844fd