View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 02:31 PM
Unbanned...?

I know I shouldn't feed the trolls, but in case anyone is still reading:

You can delete the intake and exhaust manifold, or install a ram-air intake hood scoop, or do just about anything else... and still get ZERO power gain. Yes, zero. 500% more airflow with no additional fuel means the 72hp engine will still produce, you guessed it, right around 72hp.

It's not worth any time or expense attempting to increase power on the OM616, if you want the 123 chassis to be quicker, swap in a turbo OM617 engine. If you need more, it will take ~$1500 for a Mynä-Diesel or Dieselmekken IP along with the appropriate parts to increase airflow and cool the charge air (another grand or two, most likely). By the time you're done, you could have bought a decent used W210 E55 AMG for less money that's eleventybillion times faster (rough estimate).

Oh, and these OM61x engines will normally run great on warm veggie oil, at least until the IP's fail from being fed veggie oil. (And no, it's not a crappy pump. LOL.)

Attached Thumbnails
Help me calculate HP!!! DYNO must have been wrong (modded-out 240d)-dont-feed-trolls.png  

Last edited by gsxr; 01-18-2018 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Speeling correktion.