View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 02:49 AM
Master hull craftsman

I've decided to go for a turbo setup on the 4.5. i may steal tony idea and bore it to 5.0 though. i have a 5.0 liter aluminum block that i sold the cams out of for more than i could turn down but its got a ton of miles on it. if they arent too bad im sure i can have the machinist get the bores set to the pistons and hand file the rings. that has to be done anyway for turbo. I'm usuing the WUR from a Porsche 930 turbo for controlling the fuel curve. One thing i found out was that my 4.5 wasnt running out of breath at 6000 like i thought. I cant really see the tach with the tiny wheel in my car so i took a video to see when it hitts its limit and where it drops to in third gear. HOly Moley!! my tach is a little high about 2-300 last i checked but damn! it hits 7100 rpm on the tach. and its still pulling hard when it falls on its face. not sure if its valve float or what really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVohN3a1Epk

Now im super curious what cams are in it or why its redlined at 5800 if its stock. its gonna rock with a turbo on it. not getting too crazy but 8-10 psi will be in the 400 hp range according to calculators. would the us 5.6 cams be a good choice with a turbo?