View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 01:47 AM
Master hull craftsman

I went back and read all of your original engine plan thread and this one looking for block wall thickness and some other specs. I've been trying to find forged pistons that will work with available rods. 5.3 chevy ls is 96mm bore but the most compression height i found was 33mm and still has it way in the hole for mercedes rods.so you'd need custom 6.65" rods to run chevy pistons. i dont want to stroke it and lose rpm. So i guess ill jut find out what the stock pistons are good for and get some customs made eventually if it all works out. Free stock 4.5 short block replacements make more sense than a custom build i could splash all over the pavement just as easily if some thing goes wrong. If it lives at 7000 with low boost ill put some money into forged parts and make 500+ maybe.

The reduced overlap and retarded timing of the US 5.6 cams should lend them selves to turbocharging well right? my cam options are the US 5.6 cams, the djet mecanical(56/57?) 380 short stroke euro(70/71), or whatever is in my current engine that revs to near 7000. Frank,would the lower lift you say the 70/71 help fight valve float at crazy high rpm possibly?

sorry not trying to jack you here tony. have you got anything done on your motor/car lately?