View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 11:19 PM
smoke gets in your eyes

1) control rod sensor - I think it only serves EGR and ARV.

2) ALDA set screw - don’t touch it until the engine is running properly in its new home.

3) ALDA boost signal nipple - connects to the intake manifold through an overboost protection solenoid. The turbo won’t generate boost with no load on the engine so don’t worry about it off the car.

4) ELR actuator - takes a signal from EDS to regulate idle speed. The engine will idle poorly if at all without EDS but you can raise base idle or keep tension on the throttle linkage to keep the engine running. Come to think of it, don’t messs with base idle until you’re familiar with the engine.

5) VCV input and output - the VCV converts throttle position to a vacuum signal to modulate shift quality. More vacuum for softer shifts under light load, less vacuum for stiffer shifts under heavy load. I’m not describing that properly but the net is shifts feel the same regardless of load.

6) VCV vent - connects to an open ended hose in the passenger cabin.

7) Engine shutoff actuator nipple - apply vacuum to stop the engine. Mechanically linked to the stop lever.

You don’t need anything hooked up or blocked off to run the engine out of the car. You might need to help it idle without EDS.

I don’t know if a 606.912 delivery valve is interchangeable with a 603.96x. I would guess not. IIRC the 603.96x has 5.5 mm (or mm^2?) elements, the 606.96x has 6mm elements. I don’t know what the 606.912 has. The threads are not part of the seal. The seal is formed by the ball ended line and the cupped holder. Injector lines aren’t tightened very hard. Maybe chase the threads so the injector line threads cleanly. Read up on the delivery valve holder tightening procedure before you mess with it.

Sixto
98 E320s sedan and wagon