View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgt View Post
Videos work fine for me, I'm using chrome.
Have you ruled out that it's not leaking where the injector line screws onto the DV? It doesn't look like that, but it's worth cleaning everything really well so you can pinpoint the exact leak.

Cursory search found a video and a post saying it isn't a big deal:
OM617 Delivery Valve Seals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA9iC7yOd74

Just don't touch the two outer nuts that hold the adjustment plate down, and you shouldn't throw your pump out of whack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNn_Ko5dsDM&t=23m05s

There is an o-ring on the valve. I think it that o-ring is the one leaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillGrissom View Post
I can't view the video. If like the IP on my OM617 turbo engines, there are no O-rings. The seal is a flat copper washer. They don't usually start leaking, but perhaps the delivery valve unscrewed slightly (not torqued correctly?). No problem taking it apart, but get good photos because a little tricky to orient all the innards correctly, especially which way to turn the thickest disk (can barely make out in the FSM photo). I think the delivery valve is just a check-valve and doesn't affect the piston volume. As stated, don't touch to 2 large nuts on the locking plate. If you did, that would affect the calibration.
I think I will have to in order to replace the o-ring there (see video 8 lines above)

Quote:
Originally Posted by funola View Post
Diesel is so thin it wicks and spreads super fast so you have to be creative in spotting the source.

1. spray the entire area clean with Brake clean

2. start engine watch and see if you can isolate which injector(s) are leaking.

3. Once you have identified the leaking injector(s), it may still be difficult to determine exactly where it's leaking from since diesel is clear and thin and flows quickly. Spray dray the injectors again with Brake clean. Cut strips of a white cotton tee shirts and wrap 2 turns each (tie a knot so it does not unravel) around the following spots:

-top of injector line nut
-bottom of injector line nut
-base of injector

Start engine and watch. The piece of cotton tee that wets first is the source of the leak.
I will definitely do that to check. Maybe not tonight since it is snowing.