View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpozzo View Post
Hi All,

I have a 1996 300D with 137k miles and both my "Check Engine" and "Check Engine Electronics" lights are on the dash.

I pulled the codes and I received the following information:

P0380 - Glow Plug/Heater circuit "A"
P0120 - Throttle/Pedal position sensor/switch "A" circuit

Are these issues related to each other? Any recommendations on what I should test to identify the cause?

I would appreciate any help as this is my first W210 and it seems that it could be several things. The car drives fine and I am wondering if somethings needs to be adjusted in the throttle body.

Could you please share some tests I can conduct and provide guidance? Thanks.

Best Regards,
Louis

96E300d here, and I had a code P0120 come up, which seems to be a generic code for a TPS malfunction, but does not mean that the TPS sensor itself is the culprit. After doing some searches, another poster brought up the fact that the TPS is also in a circuit with two other vacuum pressure sensors located on the side of the air filter box. One sensor controls the egr valve, the other the resonance flaps. Also in this vacuum circuit, is that small hose that comes off the intake manifold and feeds into a small black sensor. It seems that all three work in conjunction with one another along with the TPS, and send information to the computer system. In my case, I cleaned off all the electrical connectors at the vacuum pressure sensors, cleared the code, and it has not reappeared. The other thing you should check are all the small vacuum lines that activate the sensors. A leak in one of them could cause a problem. Good luck...