View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 10:23 AM
Shadetree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diseasel300 View Post
If a forum isn't for asking questions and receiving answers, what is its purpose?
I had studied the DYI thread intensely, took notes which included identifying the polarity of those old capacitors by the stripe on the negative end but didn't review them. The moment I read your response I remember my note including that bit of information.

I'm so fearful of messing something up I need someone to hold my hand through the first experiment and I thank you again for your patients.

I removed the old capacitors and installed the three new ones I bought from mouser's website. My solder work looks pitiful, like something a kindergardener would do. I mean no insult to kindergardners.

I intend to experiment with a variety of solder tips, heat ranges and such until I get the hang of this. I'm not about to put anything in my car that lacks first quality workmanship.

I guess I'll watch a few more youtube videos and try this again. If you happen to know of a tutorial on this type work I'd appreciate you sharing it.

Thanks again, Gentlemen.
95 318ic