View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leathermang View Post
Well, clearly the proper way to get rid of a squeak is usually to replace that rubber component... but also.. to FIND which one needs replacing.. the ru-glyde is helpful... only spray ONE at a time... and go test....
but there are some times when one does not need replacing but has an annoying Squeak....
It dawned on me late last night that this was the intent behind your suggestion. Well, with the silicone lube I used last night I do believe I've confirmed that crunching sound is the torsion bar bushings. So that ended up giving the desired result anyway. I'll order a pair this week.

Anyone have thoughts on replacing the driver's side piece by accessing the bracket bolt through the wheel well? It looks like it should work, I was surprised I hadn't seen it mentioned in my searching.

As for the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxfrank View Post
I occasionally have problems with inner wheel weights on my 190D. They stopped using lead weights a while back, and the new steel weights are a bit larger. They can interfere with the front outer tie rod ends depending on the direction of the wheels. Click-click. If you've rebalance your tires or changed your tie rods, it's worth a look.
Yikes, I'd think the shop would have noticed that as soon as they pulled the car off their lift! Fortunately not a concern on mine, at least for now. The 'chik-chik' noise is strictly when on and off the throttle or during transmission shifting, and definitely in the rear of the car. I do need to double check my brakes are all still snug for my front rattle. It sounds like it's at the firewall but I do feel it when braking. Since it became a concern, I drove my other car today and will check into it this evening.