View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 10:52 PM

I agree, Ferdman, but I think i figured out how they arrived at that fill level. The level appeared correct on the dipstick when the stick was inserted with the cap lock flipped down so it hung up on the ring around the neck. But that's not the correct way to read it - it is supposed to be inserted fully, buried, before the lock is clamped. Either way, I had them installing an unproven, used transmission. I intend to let them know what happened, but don't see that as being productive to resolve my current state of affairs, and don't want them touching it again. My update is excellent forward response, a total loss of reverse now when hot, with a curious 'leaking' sound when attempting to engage, that stops when I engage drive then shift back to neutral. It had good response before the failure, no slippage, quick engagement forward and reverse, etc. What seals/piston do the experts think I should I start exploring first? Once again, when engaging reverse, it did engage until I applied throttle, then felt as though it was engaging both reverse and drive. It seems like this might be something that I could repair, perhaps with the trans still in the car. Or maybe I'm crazy. But I just reworked the ETA/ASR wiring harness and it was screaming without any issues and I don't want to walk away from this car based on my misplaced trust ... thank you ...