View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 02:18 PM
dieselarchitect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxfrank View Post
I was alive in the 50's and 60's. And I'm still alive. I think the cars from the fifties were among the ugliest cars ever made, with the possible exception of the mid-decade Ford Thunderbirds and Continentals. And maybe the Chrysler fin cars, which were so ugly they were beautiful. Fortunately, cars from that era rusted fast and few are on the road today. When you get to 1960 things started to get better, and the mid-60's cars were really nice.

My father rented a '61 Lincoln (one of the prettiest cars ever) for my sister's wedding. It would have been great if the rental agency had delivered. But the Lincoln had broken down (typical ford) and they showed up with a lavender Dynamic 88(!), which was a disappointment to say the least. So I have a fond memory of this particular pile of junk. The wide whites are a bit out of period.

Those aren't wide whites!
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.