View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLou View Post
Ok, will start digging deeper... I worry that I may have a brake booster removal in my near future? ( Oh well, silver lining? This would be my chance to replace those 35yr-old sway bar bushings I've been wanting to replace... ! )

Worse than even a battery charger; it was a high-amperage starter. Yes, alternator was definitely burned out in the process. Long since replaced. Voltage output and battery charging are definitely AOK at this point. Car runs just fine* - I probably didn't mention. In fact, have just refurb'ed lower ball joints, shocks, tie rod ends, etc. Getting 'er ready for her next 500k miles!

Only issue at the moment is I have no blower motor activation. It's worth noting that vacuum switch/valves are activated by various PBU settings, so I don't think the PBU is totally roasted.

( though I seem to have a slow-amperate-leak short somewhere still, probably due to a wet door switch or similar. )
Per this HELP! W126 Climate Control Schematic Please. the W126 use a solid state motor speed controller. If you had a high amp battery charger connected reverse polarity and had the blower on, good chance the solid state controller is damaged.