View Single Post
Old 04-09-2003, 12:30 AM

Thanks for the support guys! I guess we are all in the same boat with these old cars. Its just that I am super-anal retentive when it comes to stuff like this. I quite literally have trouble sleeping sometimes when I start thinking about water, rust, and general decay on any of my vehicles. I once got up at 3am when I realized I had assembled a part incorrectly-It just couldn't wait until morning! I WILL get the MB to mechanical perfection, it'll just take a while. Since I have a truck to drive and it will be raining all week I will use that. I just ordered a rear window gasket, two lower ball joints, ball joint press (rental), some misc. trim bits, some POR15, and a spray can of touch-up paint. I will be fully prepared to deal with any corrosion that may have started when I remove the rear window. I don't think I will work on, drive, or even look at the MB for a few days. When I get a little obsessed I just need a little time away to cool off and renew my interest. RT (living with my mechanical psychosis)
93' Chevrolet C2500HD ExCab 6.5TD, Two-tone blue, 252K