View Single Post
Old 04-09-2003, 01:55 PM

Value of 1982 240D in Canada?

Hi folks,

I'm thinking of selling my 1982 240D (200kmiles, auto, a/c). It originally came from Arizona and has been garage parked since, not winter driven. It is virtually rust free. A/C was retrofitted to new coolant last year. Everything works except cruise control. Interior is mint (previous owner was single non-smoker), exterior is excellent (original paint!). Drives great, all works mechanically, was dealer serviced religiously until I bought it 3 years ago (I have not driven it much hence it has not needed any repairs, other than the front brakes, which I completely overhauled).

I know these vehicles are a dime a dozen in the US, but finding a rust-free 123 in Canada is quite uncommon. I got it appraised for insurance a couple of years ago and it came back with a value of $6500 Cdn (about 4200 US).

Any idea what would be a fair selling price for it, given its condition and location? Is the value of these cars going up?

Reason I'm selling it is that I can no longer justify/afford having it sit in the garage, to be driven in summer months/holidays. I have a winter beater car that I sacrifice to the rust gods, and though the Benz could replace it eventually, I am very hesitant of subjecting it to road salt, feeling that it would be a waste on such a fine specimen (fewer and fewer left in this condition).

Thanks!