View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 12:07 AM
Rook

Good question. I really don’t know much about hydraulic systems but I’ll tell you what I did. The only directions for changing the master clutch cylinder that I could find were for a W201 Mercedes and I followed that.

The guy that wrote it said (and I don’t know if he knows what he’s talking about) that “basically the [master] cylinder is the very upper point of the hydraulic system so there’s no need in bleeding.” Remember, I have absolutely NO idea if he knows what he’s talking about!!

My master cylinder doesn’t appear to have a bleeder valve. So I didn’t bleed it or the slave cylinder either. I followed the guy’s directions to refill the reservoir and to pump the clutch pedal several times (pulling and pushing it fully until air bubbles stopped appearing in the reservoir).

The clutch appears to operate fine now but I made a promise to myself to bleed the system properly as soon as I can (just in case that’s the best practice). So far, the instructions I’ve found for doing proper bleeding are confusing to me.

Last edited by Rook; 03-03-2018 at 12:19 AM.