View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 07:16 AM

It was the shelby of europe in a way for the 80s ,revved up a racing program between bmw ,audi and mercedes .The motor TRULY PULLS its weight ,the cars handleing with fat tires trains that to the road.I wreckered a dusty 1984 euro home one evening here in Houston ,a CL POSTING CAUGHT MY ATTENTION WITH ONLY THE WORD COSWORTH WRITTEN TO IDENTIFY WHAT IT WAS, the picture was blurred and since it had no id tags and a rough fiberglass hood it was incognito, bought it on first site not knowing what I would find after diagnosis.As most mid 80s gassers it needed everything fuel related.A month later with a replaced tank and sifted through fuel issues it Once again idled to my liking ,I took it out for its madien spin, mid trip I had a tailgater which gave me a reason for a trial to explore in its cosworthiness ,clutch then drop and away it went after forth onto fifth it never stopped pulling ,a real experience.It was purchased later on by a young man from Michigan ,he did the car justice with a rebuild through and through ,sent me a pic to my phone recently and was impressed with his efforts ,Im proud he was true to his word and kept it complete ,it lives on.