View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 11:42 AM
ROLLGUY

"Low battery, convenience functions not available"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shertex View Post
I get this message with some regularity when it's cold outside and I haven't driven it for a couple of days. I have a good battery tester and I'm confident the battery is in good shape. Never have any difficulty starting the car. Others have had same experience. For the time being, I'm chalking it up to a glitch/gremlin. Will probably replace battery before next winter "just because." Will be interested to see if that changes anything.
I get this same warning in my '07 every time I turn on the ignition. It has been this way for years, even with the previous owner. It has had a new battery put in recently (74,000 miles), as well as a new battery years ago after the car was purchased at 26,000 miles. I just press the up arrow and it goes away. I have checked every system with my MB II, and nothing shows up that gets rid of the warning. I imagine it will take at least an Xentry system to find the underlying problem. I believe the '07 does not have an auxiliary battery like the earlier W211's. Putting a fresh aux battery on your '03-'06 W211 may fix this problem......Rich