Thread: UFO
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 03:43 PM
Renaissances Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmash View Post
I think it is the epitome of arrogance to assume that we are alone. Looking out at the universe, statistically, there has to be something (more than likely, a whole lot of somethings) out there.

Given the huge number of sightings of things that have not been explained, discounting the article in the National Enquirer and other nut jobs, there are examples such as this, by people who have an understanding of what it i s that they are looking at. I think the odds are good that at least some of them may be real. Whether this is a sighting or not, who knows. The pilots do not seem to indicate that they think it's a UFO, just that they do not know what it is. Who knows.

The idea of visits from "out there" does beg the question of "How". If you believe de Grass Tyson, the closest star to the rock we live on is 25,000,000,000,000 miles away, give or take a few miles. Traveling the speed of light, it would take us about 4 yrs to get there. Given the vastness of the universe, how did they get here. For us to get to Alpha Centauri, it would take us about 70,000 years. Obviously the folks visiting us must know how to go a whole lot faster than we can or have developed some other way of traveling. If that is true then who come see us? It would be like us checking out an ant colony. We are back assward to them.

A lot of what if's and not a single answer.
Yep. I am a major UFO skeptic. When I see 'ancient aliens' on the History Channel programming display I keep looking.