View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 10:57 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpia

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj67coll View Post
I've spent 12 hours Phoenix to London non stop in a 747. And a friend has done several San Franciso to Auckland NZ at 13 or 14 hours. Both were bad enough but you can at least get up and walk around a bit if you really need to. For me it's a toss up between having to endure the strain of such a non stop flight (I can never sleep on a plane) and the hassle/unpleasantness of having to change planes and deal with all the airport BS sometimes multiple times on a trip if you don't fly direct.

- Peter.

I agree about the NS vs change plane deal. I cannot sleep well on a plane either. Took business to Milan and back from Paris. Might have dozed off a few times but my brain cannot shut off on a plane. Also it is hard for my 6'4" frame to get comfy.

My longest flight was a 12 hr gig from LHR - LAX. I could not wait to get off. it was just too bloody long. I do not think I could do another 5 hrs on top of that.

2014 C250 21,XXX my new DD ** 2013 GLK 350 18,000 Wife's new DD**

- With out god, life is everything.
- God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance that's getting smaller and smaller as time moves on..." Neil DeGrasse Tyson
- You can pray for me, I'll think for you.
- When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.