View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 08:29 PM
Banned

Great Operation in Warwick RI!!!!

I've been lurking ever since I found this site just after I picked up an 87 300D about a year ago and never needed to post after searching for the answers to the few problems that have come up.

But I just wanted to share something I found and have recently used when I had to replace a tie rod after I found the ball-joint boot destroyed and the ball joint itself loose. I have no problem buying a replacement part and then R&R the worn part for new, but in this case it would then necessitate a trip to the nearest alignment rack to get everything squared away. That meant a 20 mile drive for me.

Researching I found this DIY garage place, not only do they rent lift space but they have a deal with the Town Fair Tire 10 minutes away, $40 alignment!

Rented a lift for an hour $20, swapped both left and right tie rods, mounted a new spare on a spare rim and got an alignment for $40 and change!

If you're willing to drive a bit and have a project that would be easier with a lift in a great shop, with a full compliment of standard tools( I had my own ball joint tool), air, heated indoors, tire machine and just about anything else a well equipped shop will have; I would highly recommend this place as a very reasonable alternative to working on your back.

The place is
Gearhead Systems International
250 Oakland Beach Ave, Warwick RI 02889
401 739 0090 / 401 477 0985

On the web at Gearhead Systems International – DIY Auto Repair Center 401-739-0090

The place is fully equipped, spotless, has most everything that you would need. The owner is a great guy Ron Long very helpful and accommodating, everything a DIY Benz Head could ask for.

They are open 7 days a week, Sunday only until 2 pm.

These guys have done what many said can't be done, if you're in the area give them a look, I couldn't believe it but it's true.

Would be a great place to do a meet up if anyone is interested.