View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 05:01 PM
peter58888

1979 280 sl work

OK so I ws bored this winter so I got some nasty work done.. Drive train removed(entire exhaust removed to do it)new flex,bearings at ends center bearing and boot and holder. Sent to driveline shop for balancing and testing 80 bucks worth it, they actually test the shaft all assembled with your flex disks(paint it too) Re paint and fix park brake assembly. New gaskets and nuts bumps for exhaust. Trans mount was wasted. Replaced rear diffmount really cheap at amazon.. While i am at it front draglink, tie rods, steering shock, idler arm (totally wasted) steering coupler(not fun to do) ...all the gas pedal engine compartment bushings(cheap mb parts) ..new tires general altimax 205-70-14.. The steering is now buttery smooth.. Love it. The old idler arm wears out on the inside. To do, are the front sub frame bushings just waiting for warmer weather. Tired of a cold garage floor.. Plus i love driving the car now.. Just dont look at the bills ouch.. But just imagine a shops price to do this work.. Schematics free at mb site, just follow mb instructions on drive line I did not and it cost me..