View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 09:09 AM
dieselarchitect

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
One of my clients has an outdoor kitchen that his brother in law from Poland built. Not bad, but has some oddball features. Provided me a lot of work when the electricity went south. He had the Romex coming out of concrete. Just ran it into the form and brought it out under the sink to take off from there. Only problem when the wires are held fast in concretew, any movement is absolute at that point - no give - and they had already started to break before the job was done I think, as they went completely south on me and there was no fixing it. They should have been in plastic conduit inside the concrete. I had rewire half of it all over.

But the issue that brings it to mind, the sink outlet was lower the the lowest point they could access in their sewage line so it had to be pumped uphill. Made an odd sound but it worked. No grinding needed.

I'll bet to really satisfy code you'd have to dump it into a main 3 or 4 inch toilet line on the other side of all vent connections. But that could be major work. I think going into a vent will work now and then. Your stuff has been made OK for 2 inch so who knows? But I think you would need to find a connection lower to the ground. Might need to sleuth it out and open a wall. Going to the attic and sending it downhill from there could have unexpected problems in the mix.
We have one 3" vent at least. Of course when you begin going downhill I expect it's required to go to a 3" minimum for the drain. I expect to have the wall open sooner or later.
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.