View Single Post
Old 04-11-2003, 06:43 PM
latintxn

Question Re: More re w210 Rear Door panel Removal

Good evening. It's April 11, 2003 5:35pm.

I just now read your notes below and if you're able to reply, Thanks! I have a question. It concerns exactly what your notes describe below.

I am in the process of removing the rear left door panel. I've started with removing the 3 screws, lock cap and bottom door-light connection. Now I need to pry the door cover from the the door starting from the bottom edge. Did you use a special tool to pry the plastic plugs behind the door liner as you pulled the liner from the door?

Again, Thanks! in advance for any reply.

V. Gonzalez

Quote:
Originally posted by okc329
Just took mine off (driver's side) tonight. I have E320 made in May '97. Once the three screws are out ( one from the latch guide on the edge of the door, one thru the hole behind the plug under the arm rest and one behind the plasric trim berhind the unlatching handle), I was able to pop the fasteners loose along the bottom and then the side. Mine pop traight out - no liftingup like some others have on their cars. Hardest part was getting the panel unfastened from the trough at the top. I stuck my hand up behind the panel and pushed up from inside, starting at edge by fixed pane. Now have to find regulator and rivets!