View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 08:31 PM

Been there and done that!!

Been there and done that! In my case got all the same codes plus cruise inoperative, and the lightning bolt communications problem and car wouldn't shift out of first and speedometer read 0. Scared me almost as bad as Trump does every day.

Turned out that when I had the front coil springs replaced due to a broken front left spring the mechanic failed to attach the front driver's side ABS sensor wire to the back of the brake backing plate and the inside of the wheel well. There were signs of it sagging and rubbing against the torsion bar (I believe or something).

When it got wet by just washing the inner wheel wells at home the dash lit up like a Christmas tree. Turns out a bit of water was all that was required to degrade the signal to the point where it couldn't be read.

Started with the front passenger's abs sensor. Removed it, cleaned a very little bit of garbage off of it and cleaned the wire. Next went to the driver's side where the wire routing was obviously wrong. Still removed the sensor, cleaned it and routed the wires correctly.

I used a cheap generic code re-setter to reset the codes and all was well.

It rained a couple of days later and all was well through the wet weather.

Hope this helps.