View Single Post
Old 04-12-2003, 02:22 PM
Another View. . .

Quote:
Originally posted by Manya
My car has 56,000 miles on the odometer, though, on the old mercs, they used to reset every 99,999, and it's ticked over once. Is there anyway they can veryify it without the service books?
I don't know how the dealers do it in OZ, but here, they can enter the VIN into the computer, and tell you most of the history of the car. See what history you can find on your beauty and trace the owners if you can to see how many times it's been ticked over. I'd be curious to know more about your car.

And Jason is correct. The pins are only for drivers that have honestly accumulated the mileage on Mercedes-Benz vehicles. The badge is for the car, and the odometer should be verified by a local MB dealer. Many people have the badge and certificate framed, and don't put the badge on the radiator grille at all.

BTW eplack, the 250,000 Km badge is now gold, and that picture of the brochure is already posted in the archives, along with the updated pics of the gold badge. Use the archives to search for topics of interest to you. You might be amazed by what's already been posted.

Scott Longston
Northern California Wine Country...
"Turbos whistle, grapes wine..."