View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 03:36 AM
EZ

Well, the ground was a good thought, and not one I would have come up with on my own. I pulled the ground strap completely off. Didnít have much corrosion as itís been a garaged California car most of its life. But I cleaned it all off, lightly sanded the connections to expose new metal and put it back on. Did the same to the wiper ground. I had high hopes, but it didnít turn out to be the problem. Still doing the same darn thing. When I first turn the key, literally nothing happens for about three seconds. Then it will slowly turn over, the wipers will come on, and the car will eventually start. I then turn it off, and restart and the wipers not only stop the second time, but it starts as if it has no problem, with no real hesitation. So strange. Iíll check the voltage regulator and alternator and battery next. I replaced the voltage regulator within the last 50,000 miles or so, so I doubt itís that. But maybe my alternator is failing on me. Iíll keep you posted. Thanks for all your thoughts.