View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 09:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbomachines View Post
If I were to have a need for a car or wanted to buy a new car it would probably be a model S, if I could live with the interior.

But (also in light of the article above), there are so many decent used cars that are better off staying on the road. Better to get the most use out of existing materials than to consume new (or newly recyled) material for the sake of newness.

I think it's great that battery and electric tech have caught up enough to be reasonably competitive. I don't think it's a full replacement, but more options means better fits for wider variety of use cases.
Would love to drive an S. But I did sit in one. I liked the cabin from the driver's seat. I just couldn't afford it.

When somebody comes out with an F-250 class electric with a 200 mile radius in the $50K range I'll buy one. I need something with the power and range to pull a tractor safely about 100 miles round-trip.

The house we are building is all-electric with solar & battery back-up for 18 hrs. I envision charging my electric F-250 off the house power. Hope I live to see the day.