View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 09:42 AM

just trying to bump this a little but don't want to be annoying.. if anybody can provide insight into one or two of these questions as I prep for compressor R&R. I can't thank this community enough for all the help I've received over the last couple years - just want to throw out that genuine appreciation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuene View Post
I can turn the face of the thing by hand. Is the cprr correction direction to turn clockwise? (If I’m looking at compressor while standing in front of engine).

I’m just waiting for my flush to arrive before tackling the job. Couple questions remain during prep:

1) I want to test the power runing to the compressor clutch. I will jump at the relay - which relay box is this - on the front end of drivers side fender?

2) I was doing a dry run, planning our access to the bolts holding the compressor. Are there 4 or 3? Do I need to remove anything else from engine/compartment to actually remove/install the compressor? If not out of absolute need, is there a thing or two I could remove (without needing to drain coolant) that would make the job or access easier?

3) I’ve not really messed with my belts yet. Can I just approximate the tension when I put the belt back on, or do I need to deal with that more precisely? I’m hoping that in loosening the bolts on old I will be able to determine how this tension is adjusted.
1982 300D Turbo
Petrol Blue Green