Thread: e-brake removal
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2003, 08:14 AM
Well to be honest, I'm really clueless when it comes to figuring out this problem. The noise is there at all times as far as I can tell, there is no single moment where it leaves, this is why first I thought it was the breakes, and I still do think that to some extent, but then after inspecting the driveshaft I realized it was assembled incorrectly and I hoped that correcting it would fix it, however that did not work either.

Last night I climbed under the car one last time before I go to a shop and lift the car up and look at it as the wheels are spinning for any clues, everything looks normal on the ourtside, the flex discs are settles in correctly, everything turns.

One of the breakes seems to be getting stuck while going around in one place, this I don't know yet, but do the calipers close up a bit when the engine is off? Do they open up a bit further when the engien starts running? Perhaps this is my problem, the rotor got warped and is hitting the pad, but then the noise would go away (not necessairly I guess) or at least it would chnage when I step on the breakes, nothing like that ever happens, and this is what is leading me to believe that there is more to this story then that.

Perhaps I should go look for a used caliper and rotor and see if that makes any difference.

This problem is really getting to me....