View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 10:21 PM

om606 "new" rescue with an engine problem

Lord help me. I'm saving another e300 I got for pennies to the dollar. Another 98 with 140k and 240k on motor. The car is rusty, but a good beater if I can do it cheaply and I don't have to subject any of my cars I've gone to deep measure to fix the PA rust.

Story: First motor hydrolocked a cylinder from a bad fuel pump according to P.O. I'm assuming he means the injection pump overfueled it from some malfunction from a delivery valve fault. Junkyard motor swapped an engine and IP on a chance with 240k.

Swaps "new" engine and fires it up and cylinder 4 sprays a mist of compressed air and fuel and gives up on car and further diagnosis. Assumes it's a bent valve or bad head. I disagree with both because at 240k the motor is too young. How is it going to just bend a valve and not multiple? it's an interference engine with companion cylinders so I'd think it's companion cylinder would bend valves as well.

I started the car and it seemed to run ok. I didn't run it long enough not having the top bolts in the motor mount and no coolant. I didn't get a chance to notice the mist and air, and didn't notice extreme amounts of white smoke pouring out of the exhaust or a dead mis.

Advice and your ideas as well? Possible sunk lifter from clogged gallery? or stuck valve from soot?
2004 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 220k