View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t walgamuth View Post
They're cheating. Count on it. The others just have not been caught yet.

I read that VW is holding the unsold diesels, converting them to be legal and selling them as new cars with warranties for reduced prices.

I might ask them for the prices next time I am near their dealership. On a lower milage buy back. Especially if I could get the modification undone and the price is right. Either the wife or myself drive past that dealership 60 miles away. About once week or more. If those are really reprogrammed buy backs they may not be selling well. I do not think they were brand new ones reprogrammed. They might have been though.

Part of the reason for the cheating was the excess amount of carbon buildup in the engine. With the anti pollution system constantly working. If other manufacturers are able to meet emission requirements with no major downsides. Volkswagon should be able to engage the same designs. Currently at least in Canada really new diesels are thought not to continue. At the same time I doubt they will want to give up on the European market if others can market their diesel brands there. Volkswagon never marketed their diesel car that gives almost a hundred miles per gallon in north America. It sold too well in Europe to just write off the possibility of that product. Although with volkswagom building 500 thousand electric golfs in China this year may change this. My understanding at this point is the electrics produced there are not for export this year.

Last edited by barry12345; 06-08-2018 at 12:19 PM.