View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 01:55 PM

issues with newly acquired 99 E300TD

I just bought my wife the above mentioned car, i drive a 92 300D. I have recieved tons of help from everyone here with my car which i greatly appreciate.

1. Most the rubber vacuum lines and elbows under the hood are cracked and spongy. I have replaced what i could with what i had left over from my car, i have plans to order more soon. Can anyone point me in the direction of a diagram of where each goes and what sizes?

2. With climate control off, and ignition switched on, a "running motor" noise can be heard coming from under the hood. It continues for about 2 minutes after the ignition is switched off. I think i have isolated the noise to what i think is a vacuum transducer on the right side of the engine bay.

3. Its almost as if the accelerator pedal is only "half working". From halfway way to the floor, not much happens. If you hold on the floor, eventually it will get to redline, it just takes a while. My wife says she doesnt feel safe pulling out in traffic. Contrastly in my car wherever you are holding the pedal and you floor it, you instantly get pulled into the seat.

4. (Some or All these may be related btw) i got a PO243 cel, turbo wastegate accuator. I erased it a few days ago, and it hasnt been back.

I should also mention in my car i replaced the vacuum operated wasted gate accuator with a pressure one, after blocking the egr and removing the butterfly valve next to it. I have plans for the diode/resistor setup to cancel the egr. Do these engines also have the butterfly valve thingie on the intake?

Any and all help is much appreciated!