View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 11:56 AM
ROLLGUY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxfrank View Post
I think there's some confusion here. If "the tube count and width" is the same, then the radiator would have the same number of rows. If the overall thickness is the same, but half the number of rows, then the tubes are twice the width of stock. In that case, it's perfectly plausible that the radiator would cool at least as well as stock. Also, I don't see any spec on fin count or fin width for the SP radiator, what are you looking at?

Here are two radiator cores, not necessarily for your application, to illustrate the difference between a one and two row core.
No confusion here. I originally thought that the one row S.P. radiator would come with wide tubes like your illustration, but in fact it is not that way. The two row is basically two of the one row cores together. Same amount and size of tubes. A little more research has revealed that the one row rad is for the gasser, not the Diesel. All the vendors on the web show that the single row rad will FIT ("drop in replacement") the CDI. I have decided to send the rad back and ordered a 2 row from 1-800 RADIATOR through my local radiator/A/C shop that I work with all the time. It will be here this afternoon. It is only a few dollars more (because of the tax) than the Rock, and I will get it today.