View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 04:07 AM
Master hull craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 SL320 View Post

As for the no manuals in the US. Dealers / factory are going to bring in cars that sell when new not cars that might sell on the used market.
No they brought in the most bloated overpriced cruisers that they assumed the fat lazy rich Americans wanted to drive. And mostly were correct because most buyers were fat lazy overly wealthy Americans. But the manual
Car would have sold just fine. Jags , BMW and Italians sold expensive manual
Cars no problem. The studebaker dealer partnership fiasco screwed it all up. Every one I own has military base stickers I think. Americans bought them and brought them home. U.S. Delivered cars were just fully optioned because they knew some dumb rich guy would buy it regardless of price or options because his wife thought it was cute or he had a small dick and it made him feel like a big shot, and it probably worked to get mad ass. Then it broke a couple times and it went to another guy who didn't know how to take care of it and the third guy that rigged it with band aids afraid of stealership prices until it died. Just look at how so many are just neglected and left to rot because something stupid broke. Then I buy them for 500-1000$ and sell parts and have fun with the rest. The best parts about it is I get a 40 year old car with a barely broken in engine with 110,000 on it and fully serviced with timing chain, Oilers and guides that was given up on for what I think was just a fuel Pressure regulator. Ready to be screamed to the moon like they were originally intended to be. Remember the m116 3.5 was a 6700 rpm manual trans banshee that made almost 5.0 mustang power. The people that weren't idiots that bought them cherished them and now those cars are going up in value fast. And they probably always wished it had a manual trans and a little bit sportier tuned suspension.